Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Add A Twist

I recently had the opportunity to write a tutorial for the Modabakeshop. Me and My Mum had lots of fun making several versions of this versatile pattern. I loved the idea that by rotating either the corners of the blocks, or by alternating how the blocks are placed in the quilt, you can achieve such different results.

Here are just 3 of the different versions Me and My Mum made....

The "Add a Blueberry Twist" was made with a Basic Mixologie by Studio M Layer cake and solid Blue and White charm squares:


My " Add a Licorice Twist" was made with 4 Rusty and Friends by Bernartex charm packs and solid Black and Grey charm squares:


My Mum's " Add a Berry Twist" was made with a Whisper by Victoria Johnson Layer Cake and some beautiful yardage she cut into charm squares. And here's a funny twist, as my Mum was assembling her blocks she got some pieces swapped and the resulting happy accident occurred. Her plus blocks became crosses!! My Mum is a woman of great faith and she was so pleased with her surprise block she decided to keep it.  Add a Twist indeed....


I'd love to see your " Add a Twist" quilts. Please share your photos or questions with us. You can find the "Add a Twist" tutorial on the ModaBakeShop here.

Update....
Whatwerks emailed me to share a photo of her similar quilt. She stash - busted and added sashing. It looks great.


2 comments: